Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Capsicum and Corn Cheese Sandwich


With the bad weather change, we have been hit badly. The boy has been down and I know I am going down too or say I am going to be pulled down too. Because the lil one has been showing extra affection since he's been sick. So all those kisses...as much as I love them I dread that they would end up getting me sick too and I just cannot afford to be sick. Like they skipping office/school, if only I could skip home..he he.






Thankfully I had cooked lots of food and stored, over the weekend and we have been surviving on that. But there is lots and lots of cleaning. Because my lil one hates those syrups and one dose of medicine would mean minimum of three trials to make one dose go in, rest all are just thrown up. So now, that we have the little one gone to sleep, I made myself some yummy sandwich and that is what I am here to write about. Blogging is hard work..all those clicking pics and then editing and uploading with the recipes written etc. But it is therapeutic. After a long day, it just doesn't seem to be a work now. So I am just lying on my couch munching down this sandwich and happily blogging about the recipe which you might love to have handy.











Ingredients
  1. 6 slices of bread
  2. 3 slices of cheese
  3. Butter as required
For the stuffing
  1. 2 1/2 cups of chopped green bell pepper/ capsicum
  2. 3/4 cup of corn
  3. 1 tsp of butter
  4. 2 tsp of all purpose flour
  5. 1 cup of milk
  6. 1/4 tsp of oregano
  7. 1/4 tsp of dried parsely
  8. A pinch of Basil powder
  9. A pinch of Thyme powdered
  10. A pinch of dry garlic powder
  11. A big pinch of chilly flakes
  12. 1/4 tsp of pepper powder
  13. Salt as required
Method

Making the Stuffing

  • In a pan, take the butter and melt it. Add the all purpose flour and mix it well in the butter. Add the milk and let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. 
  • Add the ingredients 6-10. Give it a mix.
  • Add the chopped capsicum and corn. Give it a mix. Cook it untill the milk reduces and forms a creamy mixture. Switch off the heat.
Assembly of sandwich
  • Evenly distribute the mixture on all the slices of bread. 
  • On one slice(already spread with the stuffing), place a slice of cheese. Top it with the stuffing spread side of another bread slice. Do the same for remaining slices.
  • Apply butter on the outside of each sandwich.
  • Heat a pan. Once hot, reduce the heat to low. Place the sandwich on it. Press it with a spatula, to make the stuffing stick to the bread slices and don't fall apart when flipped. Let it cook untill the bread slice toasts well and the cheese melts. Flip and toast the other side of the sandwich.
  • Serve it hot with a drink of your choice.
Tips
  1. I haven't applied any butter on my sandwich, to keep it a little light as its already loaded with cheese. But applying butter helps to give it a brown toasted colour and tastier.
  2. If using salted butter to make the stuffing, make sure you add less salt when adding other ingredients. Else the stuffing would taste salty.
  3. You could use fresh parsely, basil, thyme and garlic. I am just lazy to clean/peel and chop them.

4 comments:

  1. I can understand how much havoc the weather can cause... I keep praying all day that He doesn't get the girls sick... fortunately after an age they tend to get better, so hopefully you will feel better then... :) That sandwich... I was wondering how special this can be, but then o my God! What a creamy filling - white sauce plus cheese... and two vegetables I love... this is such a comforting sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With years passing by I just hope that stage comes soon when he doesn't fall sick often. It so hard to see them suffer. Thanks Rafee..

      Delete
  2. yes I know..a mom can’t fall sick.. it’s a costly affair 😁 and yes I too have felt that at times.. if I can skip home 😆😆 very yummy and delectable sandwiches dear.. and as therapeutic is blogging so if blog hopping.. and I love being here.. ur pics make me feel so good and lifts my spirits 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sandwiches look totally creamy and yunm..love the filling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying us a visit :). If you happen to have tried any of the recipes posted here, please do leave a comment that could serve as a review for other fellow visitors of Palaharam.

Also, do feel free to send in your suggestions that could help us improve and serve you better using the 'Contact Us' form.

Blogging tips