Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mango Shake / Mango Milkshake

Summer is almost here. Do you have any plans for this summer? Well, with the past year's experience I think we would keep ourselves locked inside rather than going out. Last year, we kept running away from sun. It was pretty hot. Atleast, we felt so. Five minutes in the sun was like sedative for me. I would fall off to sleep as soon as we would be back home, all tanned and burnt. I wonder how harsh it would be this time. If at all there was a weather moderate enough and remained the same all through out the year. Ahh, but then again, we would complain...human nature.



Now that mangoes are in season, I thought I should do this post. I must admit, I really miss the taste and smell of mangoes back home. The mangoes that we get here are no way close to comparison what we get there.




Anyways, today's post is Mango shake - which we absolutely love having and has got nostalgic moments attached to it. As a child, every summer we used to wait for the mangoes to be in the market to ask my mom to make these or make it ourselves. That easy it was. And not a drop of it ever got wasted. As a kid, I may have sat with rice(I didn't don't like rice) for hours to finish it but food that I like, used to vanish in no time. Mango shake was one such thing. When I would be done, my brother would then start drinking and say ummm...delicious and I would have no choice since my share of mango shake would have already reached my stomach.



Give it a try. These creamy and thick shakes can help you stay hydrated and full while you stay active during this summer.





Ingredients
  1. 1 medium sized fully ripe Mango - peeled and sliced
  2. 2 tbsp of sugar (you could add more if you want as per your need)
  3. 1 1/2 cup of cold pasteurized/boiled milk
Method

  • In a blender, add the sliced mango pieces and the sugar. Puree it.
  • Add the chilled milk to it and beat it untill the milk and mango puree blend well.
  • Adjust the sugar if need be and beat it again.
  • Serve chilled and enjoy.
Tips
  1. Always puree the mango first and then add in the milk else there are chances that you might end up having small pieces of mango in the shake. 
  2. I like the mango shake thicker. If you would wish to have a more thinner version add in more milk as required.
  3. You could substitute sugar with honey for more healthier option.






23 comments:

  1. Every second sentence out of my mouth is a complain about how hot it is and I have to remind myself to stop:). It is already unbearable and the worst is yet to come. The only good thing about this season are the mangoes I guess. Can't wait to try out all the mango treats, this shake is always a favorite and first on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u r right...the worst is yet to come :(...but the thought of having some seasonal fruits keep me going :)

      Delete
  2. Super and tempting mango milk shake.........perfect for this summer......ividae pakshae sunny aanenkilum thanuppu angottu marunnilla.......enikum tharamo......plz. Love ur pics ......but mango cut cheithu black plate il vachekkunna pic excellent aayittundu ketto.....n love the way u segmented mango........great recipe for mango shake :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing and yummy milkshake.. lovely clicks as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. always one of the best way to enjoy mangoes... not yet in here, the ones that are available are so expensive, by may, pakistani mangoes will start flooding the market so I am waiting to have my share of mangoes then!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manga kothi ellavarkum ondalle :).... I hate summer cause it gets hot but I love it for letting me have mangoes :)

      Delete
  5. Mango! every year I look fwd to the season.. Looks so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy being indoor.. its terribly hot but the on n off rain is much a relief though. The milkshake looks delicious. I have been making loads of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst is yet to come Rekha ...summer just got started and I am already cribbing

      Delete
  7. Am waiting for my mangoes here.. shake look very pleasing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it that hot there ?? We get good Pakistani and alphonso mangoes here during the season, Pakistani mangoes r the best ...I m waiting for it, but I m sure it won't find way to make anything out of it, will go straight to my tummy ..=D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just started getting hot...Mangoes, watermelon are the ones that we are so looking forward to survive on...I love mangoes in any form....maddi ellathe divasangal shake ondaki kazhikum allathe veruthe kazhikum :)

      Delete
  9. Its already hot there? Here it is late spring, raining most of the time and bulbs are slowly sprouting. Temps are in the 50's. I agree the mangoes we used to eat back in India (from our own backyard) is not even comparable with what we get here. I miss those rippen mangoes those fall from the trees during the monsoon season :) The fresh smell of the mango that falls on the ground with oozing 'karra'....mmm...I am thinking of Kerala now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now its 80's here....its gonna get worse....

      ahhh...don't remind me of those days...athakke antha kallam ...manga, chakka, kappa ellam kazhiche jeevicha oru kallam...*sigh* :(

      Delete
  10. Mango shake looks very delicious and it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tasty and refreshing drink. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too love mangoes madly...nice cliks as usual n glasses r just tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yummy preparation dear....lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious mango shake.. Beautiful pics dear..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying us a visit :). If you happen to have tried any of the recipes posted here, please do leave a comment that could serve as a review for other fellow visitors of Palaharam.

Also, do feel free to send in your suggestions that could help us improve and serve you better using the 'Contact Us' form.

Blogging tips