Friday, June 7, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

My husband was the one who insisted on buying dark chocolate. The package had chocolates with 60%-72%-85% cocoa. We managed to finish all except the 85% ones. I knew it was gonna end up on my kitchen shelf taking up the space and left untouched. The other day when I passed by Edible Arrangements I knew exactly what should be done with those dark chocolates.


I had been attracted to strawberries recently. Well, I was attracted to them earlier too, but that was because of their colour and they looked so beautiful that you cannot let them go unnoticed. This time it was because of its nutritional values. I happened to read about them lately. Rich in Vitamin C these can be a great immunity booster. Also, these are helpful to beat cholesterol.




Last weeks grocery shopping made me buy these and make a Strawberry Smoothie out of it. Super easy, delicious, rich and filling, it was. This week too the strawberries made it to my grocery list, to make these delicious chocolate dipped strawberries. There is nothing great about making it. I think anyone who knows how to temper chocolates can make them.


When the thought of making it entered my mind, I never thought these would disappear so fast as it did.  I now know how to make people drool over things that they have been ignoring :) . At the same time I don't think this is the end of dark chocolate coming into our home :).





Ingredients
  1. 10 Strawberries
  2. 5-6 chocolates cubes - I used dark chocolate. You could use any normal chocolate. 

Method
  • Wash the strawberries thoroughly.
  • Pat it dry with a kitchen towel.
  • In a microwavable bowl, break down the chocolates into small chunks.
  • Temper the chocolate
  • Let the chocolate cool down, just a little.
  • Grab the strawberry by its stem and roll it in the melted chocolate.
  • Place it on a tray lined with aluminium foil. Let it cool. 
  • Once cooled, place it in the fridge to chill.
  • Use them to decorate cakes, pastries, pudding etc. or have it the way it is.

Tips
  1. Tempering is a big factor. If you do not temper the chocolate they will melt down in few seconds when you serve it and will not retain its shape.
  2. You could poke a toothpick by the stem of the strawberry and use it to hold on to the strawberry while you dip it in the chocolate. Else you may give its leaves a damaged look like mine as you can see it in the picture :). 





9 comments:

  1. Its difficult to get 85% cocoa Chocolate in stores, they only come in certain good brands.. I have only seen in Lindt here, not known to any other :P

    The strawberries look perfect, I want to have a movie night to have a share of these little monsters :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too was not familiar with the 85% chocolate untill we got the Ghirardelli pack having a mix of 60-72-85% cocoa. They were quite bitter to have them plain. So I chose to make these :)

      Delete
  2. Hey these look so good... I'm no fan of dark chocolate, the only dat I eat is After 8s...hehe... awesome pix as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate dipped strawberries are one of my fav desserts. It's something I like to give as Gifts too when we visit friends. And speaking of Strawberries, its a must have fruit in our house...My little guy literally survives on the fruit ;-)
    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manju :) I guess I have seen ur little guy munching a strawberry on ur timeline pic :)

      Delete
  4. Wow wow ! the pics luk really great !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the chocolate dipped strawberry looks delicious and wonderful clicks...
    You have a cute blog, I am happily following you.
    Pls stop by at my space when u find time...
    http://priyas-virundhu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying us a visit :). If you happen to have tried any of the recipes posted here, please do leave a comment that could serve as a review for other fellow visitors of Palaharam.

Also, do feel free to send in your suggestions that could help us improve and serve you better using the 'Contact Us' form.

Blogging tips