- Wash the curry leaves thoroughly with water.
- Pat it dry on a kitchen towel and line them on a plate.
- Spray some cooking oil over them and spread it in a manner that all the leaves get coated with oil. Vegetable oil is preferable.
- Seal them in a ziploc bag and freeze it. Use it whenever required.
- It helps the curry leaves to stay almost fresh for months.
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Storing Curry leaves
Curry leaves is one main ingredient in Indian cooking. If you have fresh curry leaves available to you at any point of time, I would consider you to be lucky. For us, we need to buy and store it whenever it is available at the grocery store for future use. So this is what I do to store it.